Date(s) - October 3, 2018
10:00 am - 11:00 am
Picture books teach children comprehension strategies such as predicting, summarizing, inferring, and asking questions—the same strategies we use as adults to look at art. Story & Studio begins with a storybook reading, the book chosen to connect with works of art on display in the museum. A hands-on art activity follows, led by Art Educations students at Colorado State University.
Helpful hints for a happy Storytime
We have a few general rules and guidelines to consider. These are to ensure the enjoyment of all the children participating.
- Toddler Tales storytimes are a sharing time between child and caregiver.
- Before storytime, please ask your child to use the bathroom and remind him or her of appropriate storytime behavior.
- If you are accompanying your child to story time, please remember you are there as a role model for your child.
- Feel free to participate in the songs and rhymes. Please no chatting.
- Parents or caregivers must remain in the library throughout the story time.
- With children aged three and under, we expect you to be with your child during the story hour. Please arrange for childcare for your other children so you can focus on your child.