STORYTIME in the Museum
Start: December 7, 2017 10:00 AM
End: 11:00 AM
Venue: Gregory Allicar Museum of Art, University Center for the Arts
Address: 1400 Remington St., Fort Collins, CO
FREE, MUSEUM ADMISSION INCLUDED.
Picture books teach children comprehension strategies such as predicting, summarizing, inferring, and asking questions—the same strategies we use as adults to look at art. Storytime opens the door to an enjoyable lifelong reading habit. Children often enjoy continuing storytime at home with picture books and activities.
Storyteller Jane Thompson introduces children to the arts through stories, hands-on-play, and a museum visit. Ideal for children ages 24 months to 6 years. Children must be accompanied by a parent or caregiver.
HELPFUL HINTS FOR A HAPPY STORYTIME
We have a few general rules and guidelines to consider. These are to ensure the enjoyment of all the children participating.
- Toddler Tales storytimes are a sharing time between child and caregiver.
- Before storytime, please ask your child to use the bathroom and remind him or her of appropriate storytime behavior.
- If you are accompanying your child to story time, please remember you are there as a role model for your child.
- Feel free to participate in the songs and rhymes. Please no chatting.
- Parents or caregivers must remain in the library throughout the story time.
- With children aged three and under, we expect you to be with your child during the story hour. Please arrange for childcare for your other children so you can focus on your child.